We have more gym memberships, people taking part in marathons, tougher obstacle course competitions, and participation in sport, however not only as a country, but as a planet, across all age groups we are having more hospital visits, greater amounts of money, time and effort spent on medicine, and more time spent in offices sitting and moving less in any direction than we ever have in history.
A better system of defining and building health from cradle to grave is more apt to reverse the current array of issues we as a society are facing.
This workshop will cover a variety of techniques to increase resilience, including:
- Why do we eat what we eat? What are the ‘drivers’ that influence our food choices?
- Food and disease: Can you really eat your way to health?
- The makings of a ‘healthy diet’: Which components of your diet can promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of diseases?
- Nutrition fads, myths and the plain truth
- Habit change as the best form of nutritional advice
- Food check list
- Pain prevention/reduction
- Efficient/elegant movement