Mental ill-health is a growing public health concern. It is essential at both a personal and organisational level to promote and support wellbeing and mental wellness. This programme is essential for equipping people to be champions and ambassadors for Mental Health and Wellbeing within your organisation. Whether for Line Managers, HR or Employee Representatives, it is crucial you have people within your organisation that are equipped to support the health and wellbeing of your people. Having a critical mass that are certain about how to apply your wellbeing policies, understand the support resources that exist and know how to engage someone whose wellbeing may be compromised and crucial in any organisation.
Our ‘Mental Wellbeing Ambassadors’ workshop is designed to raise awareness and broaden individuals’ understanding of mental health. This programme provides the right foundations to help create a more engaged, happy and high performing culture. In this workshop, we will explore how to ask better questions, how best to approach people and how to practically apply these skills in the workplace.
The aims of our Mentally Healthy Workplace workshop are to:
- Create an awareness and understanding of stress and mental health, with a focus on common mental health problems (depression, anxiety and stress)
- Identify the key factors that contribute to a mentally healthy workplace
- Recognise the stress and mental health challenges in team members and colleagues – particularly early warning signs
- Explore mental health as a right and not a luxury – the concept that ‘it is okay not to be okay’
- Equip participants with the skills to use our I.D.E.A.L.S. framework for how best to approach and advise others
- Improve participants skills and confidence in dealing with mental health and wellbeing issues
- Effective engagement techniques
- How to destigmatise mental health in the workplace
- The importance of empathy and asking good quality questions
- What to do in cases where there is siginificant risk of harm to self or others